Sunday, August 16, 2009

A long road ahead.

Today my friend, Laurie and I went to check out a place where Dustin and I can get married. There was a bridal show at a country club. From the looks of it on the internet, it was a very nice country club. It was 50 miles away but I thought it was worth checking out. Well, we pulled up and there wasn't even a "club." There was no building like it showed on the internet. It was a tent like thing. It was a permanent tent with doors. The carpet was gross and the dance floor looked a little...uneven? There was about 15 vendors there so we decided to give them a try. It was when we had to use the bathroom when I decided there was NO WAY I was going to have my wedding at this place...the bathroom was a porta-potty outside! In their defense, it was a nice porta-potty...one where there are actually stalls inside. The thing is...there is a GOOD chance I will be wearing a big dress and how am I going to go to the bathroom? Besides that, I don't want my wedding being remembered as the wedding with the porta-potty. I have a budget, but you still don't have to worry about going to the bathroom in a porta-potty if you are a guest at my wedding!

There were some pretty interesting vendors there too. I really wish I could have taken a picture of the cake vendor. Let's just say I got his business card to make sure I DIDN'T use him. It took all of me not to laugh while he was trying to give away a grooms cake for my wedding. He couldn't pay me to have that cake at my wedding. Then there was the photographer. I could have taken better pictures with my camera phone. His pricing started at $3,000...seriously? Really? Is that necessary? Is this a joke? Anyway, I have a long road ahead. There are tons of places to get married...which one do I pick?

One of my favorite past times is the movie, Annie. Jadyn started singing one of the songs today and I chimed in. I didn't know that movie was still around! We are actually watching it right now so I better go. Stay posted...

3 of my favorite pics!



Me and my 2 sisters at my sisters wedding.


My sister is asking me if I have Christopher's ring...and I didn't! This was RIGHT BEFORE WE WERE SUPPOSED TO WALK DOWN THE AISLE.


The 3 KILLOUGH SISTAS!

I love pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment