Friday, August 7, 2009

In the meantime...

While I am procrastinating on the wedding, here is another post about nothing! I am (or should be) a member of IREM (Institute of Real Estate Management). I say "should be" because I filled out an application to be a member and either the companies admin hasn't paid, or it's lost. Anyway, I still go to the luncheons and they are once a month. Well, this month's luncheon was on Tuesday at the downtown Aquarium. It was very nice...$50/person nice (don't worry, I'm not spending my wedding budget...my company pays for it.) We eat the nice, extravagent meal and then we hear a guest speaker talk for 15 minutes and then we are done! I car pool with a couple of girls, so after the luncheon, we went and toured the Wellsfargo tower. It's one of two of the taller buildings in Houston and it is shaped like a dollar sign. My company used to manage the building so one of the girls used to work there...actually, it's the girl that refered me to this job! The Chief Engineer took us to the roof 992 feet high. I would hate to be the window washer...



This picture shows the Toyota Center.



I took this picture because we are on the highest building. I can see the building I use to work in (it has the cathedryl looking knob at the top...very tiny from here.)



You can see the Chase building in this picture. I should have taken a picture of the whole thing. It was just so bright, I couldn't really see what I was including in the picture. When you are that high up, you are that much closer to the sun. By the time I was done, I was a sweaty mess. I'm sure I smelled and looked real nice when I got back to my office.

That's all for today! I am making an appointment to go see the venue we like next week. I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment