Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dinner Time!!

As I promised, a good simple meal...or snack. Depending how you like to eat at home, this may just be a side dish! I discovered these litt'l thangs after I moved to Houston. Someone I worked with turned me on to rocksinmydryer.net. If you like blogs, this lady will post a blog daily. She had this recipe on there. She gives the credit to Taste of Home, and they are called Farmhouse BBQ Biscuits...I think. Anyway, this is a cheap and easy way to satisfy your family. DO TRY THIS AT HOME!

Ingredients:
1 lb Beef
1 cup BBQ sauce
1 can Grand Layered refridgerated Biscuits (They don't have to be Grands, but they do have to be layered.)
1-2 cups Cheddar Cheese

Brown your meat, drain it and mix in your BBQ sauce. Put it to the side.

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Carefully pull apart each biscuit. This is why it is important to get layered biscuits. I would show you what it looks like as I was doing it but no one was here to take a picture. Dustin conveniently had plans after I told him I was cooking!!

With a rolling pin, roll out each half big enough to where it will line the muffin pan. I don't have a rolling pin (that will be the first thing on the registry!) They should look like this:



Carefully place spoon fulls of your BBQ and meat mixture into the biscuit cups. It should end up looking like this:



Cover each biscuit with cheese! Yum!



Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350! Just enough time to clean up your mess and set the table!

And.....



I never said they were going to be pretty! If you aren't going anywhere, add a glass of wine to your meal and you made it that much better! I hope you get a chance to make them yourself!

No news. I still haven't received a call from the travel agent. SOOOO, my boss went over to that property today (since we manage it), and talk to the right hand man of the owner. I need to email him what I want and hopefully he can get me some information. Since I have been waiting, maybe he can get me some better prices. PRAY! Speaking of praying, don't forget to thank the Lord for this awesome meal! He will never give you more then you can handle. A couple of us in my family, including me, has had to remember that recently. It is just so true because I am alive and happy as can be...I just had a really bad situation on my hands and now it's over! Praise God!

Good news-Dustin's daughter, Jadyn is coming in on Friday for 6 weeks! The first thing we are going to do is go see Harry Potter! We have been waiting until we see each other to go see it. She is a beautiful little girl and I am so excited and already planning things for us to do. We are going to make a great little family when Dustin and I are married! Of course it is hard to fill in 6 weeks of fun so I am always looking for ideas. Let me know what you think.



I need to go because I am hungry!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment