Monday, July 20, 2009

27 Dresses


First of all, I have a sad note to start on. My dear friend, Jennifer Coyne, died in a scuba diving accident 2 years ago this Friday. She was the happiest, loving girl I have ever met. You could tell her anything and she would never judge...she would probably laugh, but never judge. It was absolutely impossible to get mad at her! Jen, you were the GREATEST sister, roommate, co-worker and FRIEND! I wish more then anything right now that I could ask you to be in my wedding. You are always in my thoughts and I love you and MISS you!

Thank you for giving me that time as it is very important to me that I say something. Now that I have tears running down my face, I will move on with my blog. I am not embarressed to say I am anxious to get married. The little planning I have already done has already caused me to want to elope....which my father has already kiddingly said he would pay for;0) The travel agent said she would get back to us with group rates on Friday or Saturday. Well, it's Monday evening and I still haven't heard anything! AAGH! I am just hoping she is trying to get REALLY good rates and that is what is taking her so long. On a positive note, my company manages the building the travel agency owns. They know this so maybe, just maybe they are trying to find me a good deal. We will see!

I need to go ahead and apologize ahead of time to all my girls whose wedding I was in. I always said yes no matter how much money it was going to cost me to travel, buy the dress, pitch in for showers and bachelorette parties. My mom told me I could always say no, but then I would miss out on all the fun! I would still complain to her about the money no matter how much I enjoyed being a bridesmaid. Look at me now! I am having my wedding on a cruise. If my girls even get to go, it is going to cost them far more money then I had to spend on them A destination wedding is the cheapest and best way to go if you don't have $20k to drop on a wedding! In the defense of my friends, they got married in college or right out of college. It would have been very hard for them to pay for their own wedding no matter where. To my best friends-I would still say yes to be in your wedding and it actually did NOT break the bank like I am making it sound. I hope everyone gets to come, but I understand if you can't make the trip.

I have a lot of things to say so I hope you didn't just tune in for a quick update! I have been researching photographers to take our engagement pictures. Dustin's cousin, Brandon, and his wife, Tiffany, used a great photographer here in Houston. They look the most promising so I contacted them today. Tiffany said the photographer is bad at communicating and guess what?? I have NOT received a call back! What recession?? Apparently travel agencies and photographers are making a GREAT living!

My dearest mother retired this February and takes care of my 3 nephews since they are out for the Summer. My oldest nephew, Luke, and I are serious Harry Potter fans. It took me years to finish the series (sorry! I am a hard working gal!) and Luke finished the series in 2 or 3 months. The point of the story? My mom took my nephews to Harry Potter day at the Library. Their picture was taken and it ended up on the front page of the Valencia County news paper, The News Bulletin. They are so cute! I tried and tried and tried to upload the picture. It is in a word document and I can't insert it in my blog. If anyone knows how, please email me and tell me!!! I really want to show it off!



This is probably enough for 2 days! Tune in on Wednesday and I will give you a great recipe for my favorite dinner. It's super easy, so all you mommy's, you may want to check back! Happy belated Birthday, Grandma! I love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment