Saturday, May 8, 2010

Wow...


February 5th was my last blog!! It seems like I just wrote it. When I created the blog, my intentions were to write on it! I knew wedding planning was time consuming, but I still thought I would be able to squeeze in time to write. Well, as you can see, I haven't! When I'm not working, I'm listening to music or thinking of of things for my wedding. I do a lot of research on the internet and then before I know it, it's way past my bed time.

I know in one of my past blogs I mentioned I was scared that no one would come to the wedding, no one would come to my shower, blah blah blah blah blah. Quite the opposite is happening. Dustin and I have truly been blessed. I thought since I moved to Houston, I wouldn't have so many people that cared and now I feel so crazy for thinking such a thing! We have had 3 AMAZING showers! Our first one was here in Houston and it was so beautiful. While I'm on the subject, I need a photo with my hosts/hostesses at the wedding!! Thank you Perry, Cinda, Bob, Linda, Brandon, Tiffany, Brandon and Suz for such a great shower. It was catered, and the cake was awesome! We were blessed with awesome things to fill the house! I hope everyone had fun and thank you for coming!

My second shower was a complete surprise. My boss threw a surprise bridal shower for me. One of my lunch buddies took me off the property "for lunch" and then she got a "call" and told me there was an emergency and we needed to go back! I'm closely involved with any emergency on the property so I called Security and asked them what was going on. She played it off like someone fell down the stairs and broke their leg. We came back and I saw our day maid and asked her what was going on and she says, "oh Miss Sarah! I don't know! I have an emergency!" I'm thinking, yeah, I know! Where?! What's going on!? I followed her (we were walking really fast) and she lead me right into a conference room where there were 20 people standing around and they said, "surprise!" I was so confused! I'm pretty sure the first question I asked was, "who broke their leg?! Are they OK?!" My boss had Pappasitos cater, the room was filled with gifts and people I see everyday...(that sounds bad but I really love the people I work with everyday!)

My 3rd shower was in New Mexico where 26 attended out of the 28 that were invited. I just can't say enough how blessed I feel. I didn't know so many people cared! I have been writing Thank you notes like it's my new day job.

Now TONIGHT is my bachelorette party. I am so excited! We are starting at Tiffany's house for dinner and then taking a limo downtown to Pete's Piano Dueling Bar. Suz says it is a BLAST and it sounds like it! All of us girls are going to dress up and go out on the town. I feel like I should take a nap because I don't stay out very often but I'm so excited, I wouldn't be able to sleep!

Not only am I going tonight, but some girls from Lincoln (my company) are planning a girls weekend for me in 2 weeks. I don't know where we are going but I do know it involves laying out and sippin on girly drinks. THEN last night, some other girls I work with (at Exterran) told me they are going to take me somewhere for their version of a bachelorette party. AAGH....Dustin is going to hate me. Not that I feel like I need to get any "partying" out of my system, but whether I like it or not, I will be getting any "partying" out of my system. I am going to be EXHAUSTED come time for the I Do's!

Well, this is a wrap. First I need to say how thankful I am for my Mother and my Grandmother. I am so fortunate to be raised in a Christian home where my parents cared and gave me curfews, wouldn't let me date until I was 16...I mean, where would I be right now if I didn't have what I have? I was very close with my grandmother and still am. I love them both. My sister is an AMAZING mom. She has had a lot going on and is now raising 3 boys and working 2 jobs. I don't know how she does it.

I am so happy for all my friends that are new mothers. I have several who will be celebrating mother's day for the first time this year (well, celebrating it for themselves.) I don't think I worded that right but you know what I mean, right? I have 2 friends that are with child...Happy Mother's day to you too, Candace Hebert and Sarah Hickman! You count too!

Thank you everyone for such an awesome pre-wedding. I made the guest list back when I didn't think anyone cared and we invited over 300 people...haha. I can't wait to see how this turns out. Should be interesting!






No comments:

Post a Comment